Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend at Bernie's (I mean, Sarah's)

I got to my cousin Audrey's house around 12pm on Saturday and a few minutes later we were on our way to Louisville to visit our cousin Sarah. It rained the entire way but we made it in one piece. We were unloading our stuff out of the car and getting ready to go up to Sarah's condo when I did the unthinkable. I locked my keys, my purse, my overnight bag, everything, in the car. The back door wasn't competely shut, but still locked. I, of course, started cursing and yelling.

We went up to Sarah's and tried to decide our next move. I'm mad as hell at myself at this point. So we start with the wire hangers. I have locked my keys in my car before at my mom's. With two dogs inside. In winter. And I managed to get it open then. So I'm bound and determined not to call a locksmith and waste $50. After an hour in the rain and many different methods, we finally got it. I went from steaming mad to extremely happy!

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping and ended up at Saporro for dinner. It took forever to get waited on, but it was well worth it. I had teriyaki chicken grilled on the hibachi with fried rice, vegetables, soup, and salad. Delicious. I even tried sushi and it was pretty good. Afterwards, Audrey wanted ice cream so we went to a homemade ice cream and pie place. Audrey and I got slices of ice cream pie to go. Hers was Grasshopper. Mine was Oreo. Also delicious. On the way home, we made one last stop at the liquor store for some tasty beverages.

At Sarah's, we watched the Cards become Big East champs and enjoyed Tracy Morgan's antics on SNL. I drank a bottle of wine and a beer, Audrey had a glass of wine, and Sarah's drink of choice was bourbon and Sprite. We stayed up talking until about 2am and called it a night. The next morning, we started watching a Real World marathon and I got hooked. But not for long. After getting ready for the day, we headed to Olive Garden for lunch. Another delicious treat.

After lunch, Audrey and I started the trek back across southern Indiana. I visited with her kiddos for a bit after I dropped her off, then headed home. I made it back to house around 4pm. Pmo and I took the dogs for a walk, then he made dinner. After we ate, we settled in to watch the Apprentice and eat brownies and ice cream. And like that, the weekend was over.

This week I'm stressed. Bug's back legs are acting up again and I'm afraid a trip to the vet is inevitable. Tomorrow, my mom, grandma, and a couple of Grandma's friends are coming to Evansville for a birthday dinner at the Golden Corral. Even though Grandma was in the hospital all weekend! Her blood pressure was up and they did all kinds of tests on her and adjusted her medication. We'll see how she feels tomorrow.

Tomorrow's payday so this week I will hit the grocery store and take care of a wedding task. Probably squeeze in that vet visit and fork out some more money. Color my hair if Mom brings me some hair color. Visit the Goodwill store in Boonville because I just discovered I only live about 15 minutes away from it. Take care of some pets for my friend next weekend. Enjoy the weather while it lasts.

No comments: