Wednesday, March 4, 2009

On My Mind

Here's what's on my mind lately. Bug's having trouble. He's been slow to get up and trying to stay off his back legs for a few weeks now. The condition comes and goes. I thought it was because he sleeps all the time and doesn't get much exercise. But I've been walking both of them at least 3 times a week so he's getting off the couch more.

On Monday, though, he was shaking and had that sick look in his eyes. He also wouldn't eat his doggie treat so I thought maybe it was something to do with his mouth. Maybe he needed soft food. When Pmo came home that night, he watered down the food bowls and Jack ate both bowls before Bug could get in there! So I suggested Pmo put Jack in his cage, then give Bug the soft food. He ate it and seemed to be doing better.

Pmo told me tonight that Bug was holding one of his back legs up like it was hurting him. I guess I'll be making a trip to the vet soon. I hate going to the vet for a few reasons. I don't want to spend a bunch of money, and Bug embarrasses me by screaming his head off. He doesn't like to be touched on his legs or feet, and if he's hurting, it will only get worse. But I've got to suck it up and go. I've been meaning to get a new vet anyway since mine is still on the west side. Now I have an excuse to get going.




















We're also trying to find a place to have our reception. We decided to have a casual outdoor cookout. We've looked at Mesker and Wesselman so far and found pros and cons with both parks. I've asked my parents to cook their infamous chicken and "creek fries" which I know all of my friends and family from home will appreciate. We'd love to have it at our house but there's not a lot of parking room. And with my large family and all the people from work, we're expecting a crowd. If you have any suggestions for an outdoor semi-private setting with some sort of shelter in the Evansville/Newburgh area, lay them on me.

No comments: