Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's Happening

Big weekends ahead. On Saturday, some of my sorority sisters are coming in town for a girls night. Next Friday, I'm taking Mom to the Toby Keith concert. And of course, Super Bowl Sunday is just around the corner. I should be jazzed about these things, and I am in a way, but I'm not full blown excited yet. I worried about my ear and a gland in my throat. I had a tooth unexpectedly taken out on Monday and I hope to God I'm not getting an infection.

My ears have acted up all of my life so I'm used to that. I've never been good at taking care of them. Q-tips, warm washcloth, what have you. I just don't do it. I've made several trips to the doctor in my life to get the wax buildup plunged out. I feel dizzy and sick for about 5 minutes after the warm water rushes through my head (and doesn't come out the other side, thank you very much!) and then I'm good to go. Once it's done, I can hear much better and the pain is gone.

The last time I was at the doctor was last winter for a severe case of strep throat or something much worse. I can't remember what they called it. Ask Pmo, I was on death's door. Anyway, the doctor offered to clean my ears out then because he noticed the buildup, but I hurt so bad everywhere else I just couldn't stand the thought of doing that to myself at that point. Plus I have equipment at home now to do flush my ears out. That's because a few years ago I went to the clinic and it cost me out the wazoo for the nurse to do it (who was my neighbor and I could have had her come to the house and do it for free) because the doctor wasn't in the network or the procedure wasn't covered or some other bull the insurance people fed me.

So I have a huge syringe for the water and a pink pan to catch the crap. And I was going to have Pmo help me with it tonight, but I think I might hold off. If it is an infection from the tooth extraction, I don't want to make it worse. And I don't feel that bad, I'm just worried hell's a comin'!

No comments: