Friday, January 23, 2009

Ready to Rock

What a good feeling it is to have a clean house. I spent the morning getting ready for my weekend guests by washing sheets, making beds, vacuuming, dusting, doing dishes, wiping down counters, sweeping, you name it, I did it. I even brought out the Magic Eraser to get some marks off the wall. I stocked up on snacks, beer, and wine. I think I'm ready. I just hope Pmo and the dog haven't wrecked the place since I've been gone. Pmo has planned a weekend with his dad and a friend. It's not so glamourous though because he's going to help his dad get the heat back in his house. Which doesn't sound like fun to me, necessary of course, but no fun.

I didn't have a very good day at work. Troubles in the 6pm show about sent me over the edge. I don't know why. There's not much I haven't been through in the 5 years I've been at the station. Live shots with no audio, stories that don't make the newscast, minutes of time to fill. It's just irritating when you know the whole thing could have been avoided. And maybe something you did or didn't do contributed to the downward spiral. Oh well, the problem was fixed in the aftermath, it's over now, and I'm about to settle into to a long winter's nap after hoops is over. But after that, I'm getting ready to rock!

No comments: