Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Than a Feeling

When I stepped out of the shower yesterday, I was freezing. For a moment I flashed back to my childhood. Every time I came out of that soothing, warm water, a blast of cold air would hit me and give me chills. Mom would even hang my clothes on the screen in front of the fireplace so they'd be nice and warm before I went to school. Then and there, I vowed that my house would be nice and warm and I'd never step out into the cold.

Now I realize the reason behind the frigid house. It's expensive to heat a home. You either live with the chill or live with the bill. Besides, it's only a temporary feeling. After you get out of the towel, you get dressed so it's really not a big deal. I still hate it, and I'm about to go experience it again. Shutting the door helps but then the mirror fogs up. I guess that's a small price to pay for a few more degrees of bliss on a modest budget.

No comments: