Sunday, January 8, 2012

Morning Glory

What a difference a year makes.
Tuesday is my 1 year anniversary as executive producer of 14 News Sunrise.

Not only that, but next month marks my 8th year at 14 WFIE.
And this fall, I will have been in the news business for 10 years.
Wow.

It's hard for me to believe that I've done anything for 10 years.
I've had Bug for nearly 11 years and that still blows my mind.

Am I where I thought I would be at 33?
I'm not sure.
I didn't have any idea where I was going to end up.
So how would I know if I'm in the right spot?

Here's what I do know:
The past year has been quite an adventure.
I don't think I realized when I took on this challenge just what it would do to me.

It has made me cry.
It has made me excited.
It has made me think.
It has made me proud.
It has made me ANGRY!
What a shock.

But most of all, it's made me appreciate what I have.
I have a career, not just a job.
I have goals and a focus.
I have money in the bank.
I have a fairly flexible schedule.
And the ability to fall asleep anytime, anywhere, anyhow.


No comments: