Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tune Up

I woke up to the sound of roofers this morning. Early this morning. Pmo concluded they were trying to beat the rain. Good for them, but that doesn’t help my sleeping habits. There are two roofing projects going on: one next door, the other within earshot when I go outside. They’ve turned my quiet neighborhood into a noisy, construction zone. I hope they get done this week.

I tried some new cream cheese and I hate it. Funny thing is, it’s supposed to be the good stuff. Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Not the usual generic I buy. It’s fat free so maybe that’s the problem. I was trying to be good and go for less calories. But it bit me in the butt. I hate to waste such a precious commodity.

I’m trying to write a song. I’ve always wanted to be a songwriter but never did anything about. It’s one of many unattempted tasks in my life. Anyway, I figure I’ve had enough pain and suffering in my life. There’s got to be a good country song in there somewhere. I’ve got some lyrics written down, but I can never come up with a tune. I don’t know much about music, notes, chords. In fact, nothing at all. And every time I try hum a little ditty, I end up singing songs I already know like the Indigo Girls or Kellie Pickler. Weird choices, I know.

I’m not sure what I would do with a song if I came up with one. Take it to Nashville? Offer it up to a label? There are people that have been trying to break into the biz for years. What makes me think I’d be any different? I’m not sure I have the energy or ambition. If I did, I would have done it by now. And I would have learned how to read music and play the guitar. Maybe I should keep under wraps as a hobby. Or just stick to poetry and look for some contests to enter. I need some affirmation.

(1024)

1 comment:

Rach said...

FF cream cheese is gross across the board. I understand why you had to try.