Saturday, November 12, 2011

Staying Put

Ahhhh. Our first weekend of relative calmness in 6 weeks. Since October 1st, we've been to the mountains plus two weddings, dressed up and went out for Halloween, and taken a train from Jasper to French Lick. So this weekend and next we're catching up on chores and yardwork before we start up again with holiday madness. Thanksgiving is only a week and a half away. Christmas? 6 weeks away. And we have at least 5 households to visit. Kind of a tight fit. But I think we've got a basic schedule in mind so that we see everyone.

We've made awesome plans to go to Louisville with friends to ring in 2012 so that should be fun. It's not often both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day fall on the weekend. It's especially nice for me and my news peeps who would probably never be able to take BOTH of those days off. Can't wait to shop for an outfit!

Well, Perry's fired up the lawnmower so I guess that's my signal to start the indoor work. I wanted to get some things done yesterday when I got home from work, but the recliner took all of my motivation and I ended up shopping online instead. All I really have to do is start blasting some music and I'll be good to go.

Here's to staying put for a few weekends!

No comments: