Monday, July 6, 2009

Land of the Free

My 4th of July was good, though it started out pretty dismal with all the rain. We were invited to a cookout earlier in the week, and by the time we got there, the rain had stopped but it was still bleak outside. So we ate inside and went out later to watch our host set off fireworks. On Sunday, we met Pmo's dad at the Super Flea Market, then had lunch at the State Street Tavern in Newburgh. Yummy. Later, we took the dogs out to the levee for a walk, and eventually headed to the riverfront for fireworks. It was an awesome show. I also had a bratwurst and a root beer float.

Many adventures lie ahead for me in the next few days. It's pay week so that means taking care of bills and grocery shopping. Plus our little "reception" is coming up so I've got to get with Mom on details of what we have and what we need. I need to get a local dentist because I am due for my bi-annual teeth cleaning and am no longer required to make the trip to Madisonville. I can get to work on my name changes now that I have my new social security card in my hot little hands. The BMV is calling my name. We're still waiting on the official wedding album and hoping it comes this week. I need to do some yard work that I've been avoiding for awhile. I should order new checks and address labels. Buy stamps. Send out announcements to newspapers about our wedding. Keep looking for cabins for our Gatlinburg getaway this fall. Figure out what the hell to do with my hair. The list goes on and on and I hope to knock a few of those off this week.

(1770)

No comments: