Monday, February 2, 2009

Work Related

Pmo and I have an advantage in our relationship because we work at the same place in different departments. I produce the 10pm news at night. He does graphics for sales on the web during the day. If I come home ranting about my show, Pmo knows exactly what I'm talking about because he used to work in production. If he calls me about the trouble he's having, I can put a face to the name or know what program is aggravating him. This was a big help for me in the past few days with the power outages and icy mess. Producing can be a very stressful job when all of the information is coming in and you're trying to decide what to do with it, where to put it, and how to get it in within 30 minutes. And Pmo gets that. I hope I understand his stressful situations as well.


You may be surprised to know how many couples have sprung from the loins of 14WFIE. When I first started here 5 years ago, I couldn't believe it. Seemed like everyone was paired off. Now Pmo and I are one of two couples left. Most have went onto other jobs or moved away. Or half the couple is still here. I always thought it was odd because you're always advised not to date anyone at work because if things don't work out, it could get ugly. And I'm sure there have been some unpleasantries but I've never heard of a major altercation. Besides, if Pmo and I were ever in a tizzy, we don't have to see each other at work if we don't want to. It's not like we work alongside each other. But it's nice to have that accessibility when you only see each other for a half hour at night. It was also handy when we didn't live together because we would have never seen each other if it wasn't for work. And of course, if it wasn't for work, we would never have met. So I can't really think of a negative in this situation. It's positively working.

No comments: