Friday, February 27, 2009

Safari Adventure

I feel like there's lots to do this weekend but I'm slowly realizing everything's almost done. Last weekend, I ripped off wallpaper in the bathroom to get it ready for an adventure in color. This week, Pmo filled in some holes and sanded most of the rough spots on the walls. Today, I went bright and early (for me anyway) to Ace (because it's the place) and bought supplies. I came home, taped off the trim (and whatever else I didn't want to paint) and primed most of the walls. I even threw on some color to see what it was going to look like. I can't tell yet whether "Safari" is going to work. I figure it's best to paint the whole room first, then decide. Pmo's also not sure at this stage in the game.

Tonight, Pmo informed me I could now prime the remaining areas because he had sanded again. So when I get home, on this Friday night, I plan to get into my work clothes and prime what's left. Tomorrow, all we have to do is slap on 2 coats of paint and let it dry. Of course, we still need a few accessories. A longer towel rack, shower curtain, and probably towels. But just a little work by each of us here and there added up, and now we're ready to paint!

It's amazing what you can do even if you don't have a big block of time, like a full day or weekend. I tend to shy away from such projects if I know I have to do something else like work or run errands. This is our first attempt at renovating part of the house so I'm hoping it goes well. And I really hope I don't have to buy another gallon of paint. It wasn't exactly cheap. Maybe the safari will grow on us.

No comments: