Friday, February 20, 2009

Spring Fever

I know I'm not alone on this one. I can't wait for spring to get here. I don't remember ever wishing for warmer weather before. It's not that I like the cold. But I hate extreme heat so I'm not always thrilled when the dog days of summer arrive. However, we haven't been able to take the dogs for a scenic walk in a long time. Or sit outside and enjoy the breeze. Get out the grill and cook up some brats. Take a ride on my motorcycle and not freeze to death. Leave a window open and get some fresh air into the house.

Even though it looks like it's not going to warm up anytime soon, I'm starting to get into a routine of walking the dogs about a mile in the morning. We walked 4 times last week and 2 times so far this week. It all depends on the weather, of course. I've decided if it's 40 degrees or above, I'm making the effort. I just can't stand to get out there in the freezing cold, even if I'm all bundled up. Jack loves it but I think he'd rather run. Bug hates it but he tags along. He doesn't have much choice. They need the exercise just as much as I do.

As I listen to the furnace running full blast in the house, I can only dream up some outdoor ideas for my future spring. Maybe March will be nice to us.

No comments: