Monday, July 27, 2009

Slowing Down

I guess it's the nature of summer. Weddings, showers, cookouts, birthday parties... it's a busy time of year. But we're finally slowing down. We took a trip to Cincy over the weekend to go to my sorority sister's wedding. I had a little too much of a good time (if you know what I mean) but I managed to make it through Sunday and still do a little sightseeing. We went to Newport (KY) on the Levee and visited the aquarium. The whole area is super cool. Shops, restaurants, dudes on stilts making balloon animals for kids, it was awesome. We ate at Johnny Rockets which is very busy diner but they drop everything and do a little dance when "Respect" by Aretha Franklin comes on the jukebox. We had the best strawberry milkshakes there.

Bug's having trouble again. I took him to the vet and got him some more medicine. It looks like he overdid himself during our cookout and aggravated his back legs. The good news is that the meds worked while he was taking them, so I can just get his prescription refilled now instead of taking him into the vet every time his condition acts up. I was also told by a co-worker that baby aspirin is okay to give dogs for their joints. I asked the vet about that, and he said yes, but it's more a short term solution. And to not give him baby aspirin AND the meds. It's more in between times when I'm out of the pills. I also picked up some soft dog treats and a munchee stick at Pet Food Center.

What's ahead? I hope a little rest and fun at home. This weekend, there's a gun show in Boonville that Pmo will probably attend. We're also planning to take some friends to Owensboro for a yummy dinner at Shogun. After that, our schedule is pretty much clear for awhile. We're thinking about taking some mini-trips before the summer is over like going to Garden of the Gods, canoeing, and hiking some trails in Perry County. I'm thankful it's been so mild and I hope it stays that way.


No comments: